General surgeons are trained to diagnose, operate and manage post-operative conditions for a range of conditions. General surgeons are also trained in comprehensive management of trauma and critical care for patients with underlying surgical conditions. Our general surgeons offer the latest advances in minimally invasive procedures. For you, that means shorter surgeries, less scarring, quicker recovery times and a faster return to normal activities.
The surgeons at UM Community Medical Group — Surgical Care offer consultations and surgical treatments with a special focus on minimally invasive and laparoscopic abdominal surgery including:
- Hernia Repair (Inguinal, Umbilical, Incisional)
- Gallbladder Removal (2 or 3 incisions)
- Colorectal surgery, including but not limited to cancer, diverticular disease and inflammatory bowel disease
- Acid Reflux or Hiatal Hernia Surgery
- Laparoscopic removal of spleen
- Liver and pancreas surgery
- Thyroid/Parathyroid Surgery
- Soft Tissue Tumors, whether benign or malignant
Partnered with UM Shore Regional Health, UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center and UM Charles Regional Medical Center, and with offices on the Eastern Shore, Anne Arundel County and Charles County, our team is easily-accessible when you need us.