Telemedicine: Online Doctor Visits
At University of Maryland Children's Hospital, we are committed to bringing you the care you need to remain safe and healthy.
Telemedicine appointments allow patients continued access to our experienced healthcare professionals in the secure setting of home.
How to Make an Appointment
Both new and current patients should call 410-328-5887 to make an appointment. Search for a provider's contact information using Find a Doctor.
What Telemedicine Can Do
Telemedicine allows management of a variety of chronic and acute health conditions, and it allows you to save travel time and observe social distancing and current CDC health recommendations.
These are some of the types of care our primary care and specialty providers are offering via telemedicine appointments.
Services available will vary by provider. Contact your provider for more details.
- Some new patient consultations
- Sick visits, in some cases
- Reviewing lab and test results
- Follow-up care (routine and after hospitalization)
- Medication checks and some prescription refills
- Transitional care management, which follows a discharge from a hospital
- Second opinions or evaluation for a particular treatment
Symptoms and Conditions
While the following can often be evaluated via telemedicine, the next step could be an in-person visit. Learn more about how we are keeping patients safe when they come into our facilities.
- Seasonal allergies and sinus infections
- Rashes and conjunctivitis
- Some injuries, such as back strain and minor burns
- Urinary complaints
- Respiratory symptoms of illnesses that could be the common cold, flu or COVID-19
Ongoing Health Issues
Our providers are here to help you manage your medical condition during the pandemic.
- Asthma, COPD and other pulmonary conditions
- Behavioral and developmental Issues
- Cancer treatment symptoms
- Endocrine conditions
- Gastrointestinal conditions and celiac disease
- Heart care
- Kidney care
- Neurological conditions
- Pain management
- Surgery consultations
How Telemedicine Works
To meet the needs of our patients, we offer a variety of types of telehealth visits. Which type of appointment is right for you will depend on the nature of your issue. Your provider's office can help set you up with the right appointment.
Our telemedicine video appointments include real-time video and audio, as well as a chat feature.