General visiting hours are 12:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Quiet hours will be observed from 1:00 p.m to 3:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. daily to support healing and recovery for our patients.
Patient's significant other or family member/caregiver (1) may remain with a patient until 11:00 p.m. when the clinical staff feels this is beneficial for the patient. Overnight accommodations for visitors should not be expected.
No more than 2 visitors per room at any one time to avoid overcrowding of the bedside area. Children under the age of 13 must be supervised by an adult at all times. In the event of an infectious disease event, such as the flu, visiting hours may be restricted.
Main Entrance Hours
Main entrance hours are 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. The main entrance is locked at 8:00 p.m., and the Emergency Department entrance, which is open 24 hours a day, is the only entrance open after 8:00 p.m.
The Emergency Department entrance is open 24 hours a day.
Visitors to specialty areas (such as OB and Pediatrics) between 8:00 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. must report to the Security Office located in the Emergency Department entrance area. Visitors must sign a log sheet that clearly indicates their destination. Security will verify the presence of the patient and notify the nursing unit.
Maternity Visiting Hours
- Visitors need to ring the doorbell in both the Birthing Center and 1 East in order to gain admission
- All visitors must be able to identify the patient by their full name prior to entering the unit and must sign in at the desk.
- Up to (3) people shall be permitted to visit a laboring patient in the Birthing Center.
- Visitation during delivery may be limited. After delivery, there may be unlimited visitation at the discretion of the patient and nursing staff.
- Visitation on 1 East is according to patient preference, and at the discretion of the nursing staff.
- On 1 East the designated support person (wearing the matching identification band) will have unrestricted visitation rights 24 hours a day. If the support person is not the significant other, they must be at least 18 years of age.
Please note that visiting hour guidelines may be altered during flu season and at the discretion of the Nurse Manager.
Intensive Care Unit
Visitors must use the telephone in intensive care unit hallway to gain entry. Visitation may be altered or reduced at the nurse's or doctor's discretion.
We encourage a parent or adult member of the immediate family to stay with pediatric patients to participate in care, as appropriate, in coordination with clinical staff.