Kelli Forbes, BSN
Patient Advocates support and strengthen the relationship between the hospital and the patient, their families and visitors. Our goal is to improve the patient experience. To contact our Patient Advocate, please call 301-609-4715 or email email@example.com
Contact the Patient Advocate
- Questions or concerns about hospital services and policies
- To share compliments or suggestions
- Advance Directive information
Medical Safety and Personal Pocket Medication Card: Have your medication information at your fingertips. Download your card today.
Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC)
The University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center (UM CRMC) knows that building a more effective partnership with the community and healthcare providers creates a greater understanding of the needs of patients and their families. That is why we have a Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC), a volunteer group that partners with the hospital to improve the patient and family experience.
The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is dedicated to strengthening collaboration between patients, family members and the community with the healthcare team to enhance the University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center’s (UM CRMC’s) ability to deliver safe, comprehensive and compassionate healthcare.
The council is composed of patients, family and friends of patients, hospital staff and other employees of the hospital. Members are selected to reflect the diversity of the community. All members must be 18 years or older.
Council members are required to:
- Attend regular meetings once per quarter (February, May, August & November)
- Agree to complete the regulatory education modules for hospital environments
- Obtain the immunizations required by UM CRMC
- Agree to complete a background check
- Agree not to disclose confidential information
- Agree to follow UM CRMC’s no smoking policy on the campus
If you wish to participate on the Patient and Family Advisory Council, please contact the Patient Advocate:
Kelli Forbes, BSN
5 Garrett Avenue
P.O. Box 1070
La Plata, MD 20646