To help our patients focus on their healthcare, and to meet a requirement of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, we have included a complete list of the hospital's standard charges. This type of file is commonly called a hospital’s “chargemaster.”
In Maryland, the average prices for hospital services (e.g. radiology, laboratory, intensive care daily rate) are regulated by the Maryland Health Services Cost Review Commission (HSCRC). The HSCRC sets average hospital prices on January 1 and July 1 of every year; University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center will post this information shortly after.
Information to keep in mind:
- Hospital charges posted on this site do not include charges for physician services, often called professional fees, which are separate from the hospital bill.
- Hospital approved rates generally reflect the average price of a group of similar services. Individual service charges are components of the larger group average, and therefore may vary from the price set by the HSCRC.
- Even though the state sets hospital prices by a certain date, hospital charges can change during the year. Charges on individual hospital bills may be different from the charges posted here.
- Individual charges that the patient is responsible for will vary based on insurance provider and insurance plan.
The following files reflect charges by UM Charles Regional Medical Center as of March 2020:
Charges for COVID-19 Testing
Below are the prices for COVID-19 testing currently available.
- Infectious agent detection by nucleic acid (DNA or RNA); severe acute respiratory syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SSARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]), amplified probe technique. (CPT 87635/U0002): $51.31
- Infectious agent detection by nucleic acid (DNA or RNA); severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]), amplified probe technique, making use of high throughput technologies (CPT 87635/U0003): $100
- 2019-nCoV Coronavirus, SARS-CoVcoronavirus SARS-CoV-2/2/2019-nCoV (COVID-19), any technique, multiple types or subtypes (includes all targets), non-CDC, making use of high throughput technologies (CPT 87635/U0004): $100