Patients have the right to identify a family member, friend or other individual to be present with him/her for support during the course of their stay, unless the individual's presence infringes on others' rights and/or safety or is medically or therapeutically harmful.
Visitors must follow all established infection control policies as they relate to the patients they are visiting. The clinical staff are responsible for education of all visitors as it applies to infection prevention and hand hygiene. Visitors may not visit a patient if they have an illness or an infection that the clinical staff feels may pose a threat to the patient.
In the event of an infectious disease event, such as the flu, visiting hours may be restricted at the discretion of the Nurse Manager.
Children under the age of 13 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
General visiting hours are 12:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Quiet hours will be observed from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. daily to support healing and recovery for our patients.
No more than 2 visitors per room at any one time to avoid overcrowding of the bedside area.
Patient's significant other or family member/caregiver (1) may remain at patient bedside until 11:00 p.m. when clinical staff feels this is beneficial for the patient. Overnight accommodations of visitors should not be expected.
Visitor Rights and Responsibilities
Anyone acting in a disorderly fashion, creating a disturbance, or in any other way disrupting patient care or safety, will be requested to leave or may be escorted from the Medical Center by Security.
Smoking by anyone anywhere in the Medical Center or on the grounds is prohibited by law. Visitors should not bring gifts and personal items to patients without first checking with patient care staff, including patients' drugs, medications, herbal supplements, alcohol, smoking materials or tobacco of any kind, including e-cigarettes, or weapons.
Patient Visitation Guidelines
Main entrance hours are 6:00 a.m to 8:00 p.m. The main entrance is locked at 8:00 p.m., the Emergency Department entrance is the only entrance open after 8:00 p.m.
Emergency Department entrance is open 24 hours a day.
Visitors to specialty areas (such as OB and Pediatrics) between 8:00 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. must report to the Security Office located in the Emergency Department entrance area. Visitors must sign a log sheet that clearly indicates their destination. Security will verify the presence of the patient and notify the nursing unit.
Maternity Visiting Hours
- Visitors need to ring the doorbell in both the Birthing Center and 1 East in order to gain admission
- All visitors must be able to identify the patient by their full name prior to entering the unit and must sign in at the desk.
- Up to (3) people shall be permitted to visit a laboring patient in the Birthing Center.
- Visitation during delivery may be limited.After delivery, there may be unlimited visitation at the discretion of the patient and nursing staff.
- Visitation on 1 East is according to patient preference, and at the discretion of the nursing staff.
- On 1East the designated support person (wearing the matching identification band) will have unrestricted visitation rights 24 hours a day. If the support person is not the significant other, they must be at least 18 years of age.
Intensive Care Unit
Visitors must use the telephone in intensive care unit hallway to gain entry. Visitation may be altered or reduced at the nurse’s or doctor’s discretion.
We encourage a parent or adult member of the immediate family to stay with Pediatric patients to participate in care, as appropriate, in coordination with clinical staff.
Waiting Rooms for visitors are located in the following areas:
- Main Lobby
- Same Day Surgery (for the family of surgical patients)
- Birthing Center (for the family of obstetric patients)
- Intensive Care Unit (for the immediate family of ICU patients)
- 2 South
- 3 South
- Emergency Department
- Outpatient Radiology/Laboratory area
A non-denominational Meditation Room is located on the second floor.