Telemedicine: Online Doctor Visits
How to Connect
When you make a telemedicine appointment with a UM Charles Regional Medical Center provider you will receive a confirmation email with a link and a meeting ID as well as instructions on how to check in.
Please review these instructions for more details on how to connect to your video visit with your doctor.
What You Need to Have
To connect with your provider in a video visit, you will need:
- Confirmation email from your provider that will include meeting information
- Computer, tablet or smartphone with:
- Internet connection
- Headphones or speakers
What You Need to Do
- Before your first telemedicine appointment, make sure your camera, sound and microphone are working.
- Choose a quiet, private location for your telemedicine visit and begin the connection process 5-10 minutes before your appointment.
- Be sure to position yourself in front of the device's camera.
Note: During your appointment, if you or your provider are muted or the camera is turned off, the microphone, speaker or camera icons will be red. Just touch or click on the icons to turn on the device.