Telemedicine: Online Doctor Visits
The healthcare providers at UM Charles Regional Medical Group are committed to bringing you the care you need to remain safe and healthy.
Telemedicine appointments allow patients continued access to our experienced healthcare professionals in the secure setting of home.
How to Make an Appointment
- Existing patients with access to MyPortfolio can request a virtual visit there or call the office directly.
- New patients should contact the provider by phone.
Search for a provider's contact information using Find a Doctor.
What Telemedicine Can Do
Telemedicine allows management of a variety of chronic and acute health conditions, and it allows you to save travel time and observe social distancing and current CDC health recommendations.
These are some of the types of care our primary care and specialty providers for both children and adults are offering via telemedicine appointments.
Services available will vary by provider and may differ for adults and children. Contact your provider for more details. Learn more about how we are keeping patients safe when they come into our facilities.
- Annual wellness visits and new patient consultations
- Sick visits, in some cases
- Reviewing lab and test results
- Follow-up care (routine and after hospitalization)
- Medication checks and some prescription refills
- Transitional care management, which follows a discharge from a hospital
- Second opinions or evaluation for a particular treatment, such as organ transplantation
Symptoms and Conditions
While the following can often be evaluated via telemedicine, the next step could be an in-person visit.
- Seasonal allergies and sinus infections
- Rashes and conjunctivitis
- Some injuries, such as back strain and minor burns
- Urinary complaints
- Respiratory symptoms of illnesses that could be the common cold, flu or COVID-19
Ongoing Health Issues
Our providers are here to help you manage your medical condition during the pandemic.
- Asthma, COPD and other respiratory conditions
- Behavioral health
- Cancer treatment symptoms
- Gastrointestinal conditions
- High blood pressure and many other heart and vascular conditions
- some neurological conditions
- Pain management
- Palliative care
- Pregnancy – Some prenatal appointments (Read more about Pregnancy and COVID-19.)
How Telemedicine Works
To meet the needs of our patients, we offer a variety of types of telehealth visits for a variety of symptoms and conditions. Which type of appointment is right for you will depend on the nature of your condition and your comfort level with the appropriate technology. Your provider's office can help set you up with the right appointment.