Rehab at UM Charles Rehabilitation Medical Center
UM Charles Regional Rehabilitation Services Department offers inpatient and outpatient therapy to help patients achieve maximum independence. We focus on patients who are experiencing limitations in function resulting from injury, disease, surgery or other causes.
Each patient receives an evaluation and a personalized treatment plan developed with our skilled and caring staff.
Our rehabilitation programs cover conditions such as:
- Orthopedics (back and hand)
- Arthritis, including energy conservation and joint protection
- Stroke, brain injury, Parkinson's, vestibular and other neurological conditions
- Amputation and prosthetic management
- Voice disorders
- Feeding and swallowing (dysphagia)
- Post-surgical deconditioning and weakness
Inpatient services are available 7 days per week while outpatient services are available Monday through Friday by appointment.
All patients are required to have a written prescription from their physician including the diagnosis and services requested.Call the hospital at 301-609-4413 to set up your initial evaluation.