Do you have COVID symptoms? Understand what types of services are available for patients with COVID symptoms in the ER. Learn when to go to the hospital.
High Quality Care
The award-winning care at University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center provides comprehensive care for all of your urgent and emergent health care needs.
At UM Charles Regional, our highly skilled and trained staff of board-certified emergency medicine physicians and advanced practice providers are able to quickly attend to all your needs, making us your "One Stop" for all your medical care.
Focused on You
At UM Charles Regional, all patients receive a medical screening. No one is turned away and treatment is not based on ability to pay.
Our Emergency Department
- Is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Offers treatment rooms with walls, not curtains
- Has waiting areas with free internet access, computer stations, flat-screen TVs and varied reading material
- Provides bedside registration
- Has a Forensic Nurse Examiners Program for victims of sexual assault
Is always our priority. Our safety measures include:
- Universal masking of high quality masks for all staff and patients
- Social distancing chairs in waiting room
- Frequent interval cleaning of waiting room
- Cleaning of every patient care room after every discharge
- 360 degree terminal clean of every room after suspected COVID patient
- Hand sanitizer stations at multiple locations in the department
- Use of negative pressure/highly ventilated rooms for suspected COVID patients
- 95% private rooms in the ED