UMCRH Visitors Code of Conduct
The University of Maryland Capital Region Health is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment to everyone who enters our doors. To ensure this, we ask that you abide by these visitor guidelines:
UM Laurel Medical Center
At UM Laurel Medical Center, there are no set visiting hours. We encourage family and friends to visit for as long as the patient wishes. During your visit, we ask that you respect others' privacy and keep conversations quiet.
UM Prince George's Hospital Center
At UM Prince George's Hospital Center our visiting hours are:
- For Medical/surgical inpatient rooms: 9 am – 8 pm
- Intensive Care Unit: 11:30 am – 8 pm
- Behavioral Science Patients:
- Weekdays: 2 - 3 pm and 7- 8 pm
- Weekends: 1 -3 pm and 6 - 7 pm
Guidelines for Visitors
For the safety of our patients:
- Please do not visit if you are feeling ill
- Wash your hands to prevent the spread of infection
- Do not touch any medical devices in a patient's room
- Step out of the room for care - you may be asked to leave the room for brief periods of time while your friend or loved one receives care, testing, etc.
There are lounge areas for visitors on each inpatient unit and on the main floor in the lobby.
Specific waiting areas have been designated for families of patients in the Critical Care Units, the Emergency Department and Surgery. During certain hours, a volunteer is on duty in the Surgery Waiting Room to keep family members informed about the progress of surgery.