In order to be as transparent as possible regarding our prices and to comply with the various price transparency regulatory requirements, we have included two separate views of our prices. One reflects the prices for common procedures and services, while the other reflects the hospitals' full chargemaster. It is important to note the differences between these two. Common procedure pricing will often include charges for multiple chargemaster services, and therefore will not be comparable to any single chargemaster item. The common procedure pricing aims to more accurately reflect what a patient's bill could actually look like for the listed procedures.
University of Maryland Capital Region Health provides the information regarding charges for common procedures and services to help patients plan for health care expenses. The link below includes the average range of fees associated with common procedures and services. The cost for services is based on a specific patient's condition.
The information below can help you estimate your costs which might be higher or lower. For additional help with estimating charges, please contact our Patient Financial Services offices at 301-618-3100.
View estimated charges for common procedures and services at UM Prince George's Hospital Center to help plan for your health care expenses.
CMS Price Transparency
To help our patients focus on their healthcare, and to meet a requirement of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, we have included a complete list of the hospital's standard charges. This type of file is commonly called a hospital's "chargemaster."
In Maryland, the average prices for hospital services (e.g. radiology, laboratory, intensive care daily rate) are regulated by the Maryland Health Services Cost Review Commission (HSCRC). The HSCRC sets average hospital prices on January 1 and July 1 of every year; UM Capital Region Health will post this information shortly after.
Information to keep in mind:
- Hospital charges posted on this site do not include charges for physician services, often called professional fees, which are separate from the hospital bill.
- Hospital approved rates generally reflect the average price of a group of similar services. Individual service charges are components of the larger group average, and therefore may vary from the price set by the HSCRC.
- Even though the state sets hospital prices by a certain date, hospital charges can change during the year. Charges on individual hospital bills may be different from the charges posted here.
- Individual charges that the patient is responsible for will vary based on insurance provider and insurance plan.
The following files reflect charges by UM Capital Region Health as of March 2020:
- UM Bowie Health Center: View PDF | Download Excel
- UM Laurel Medical Center: View PDF | Download Excel
- UM Prince George's Hospital Center: View PDF | Download Excel
Charges for COVID-19 Testing
Below are the prices for COVID-19 testing currently available.
- Infectious agent detection by nucleic acid (DNA or RNA); severe acute respiratory syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SSARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]), amplified probe technique. (CPT 87635/U0002): $51.31
- Infectious agent detection by nucleic acid (DNA or RNA); severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]), amplified probe technique, making use of high throughput technologies (CPT 87635/U0003): $100
- 2019-nCoV Coronavirus, SARS-CoVcoronavirus SARS-CoV-2/2/2019-nCoV (COVID-19), any technique, multiple types or subtypes (includes all targets), non-CDC, making use of high throughput technologies (CPT 87635/U0004): $100