Heart disease is the leading cause of death in Prince George's County, and UM Capital Region Health is dedicated to addressing heart disease as well as the other health disparities that afflict our community. It was with that knowledge that Dr. Sheila Woodhouse decided to join UM Capital Region Health Medical Group to open a Cardiology practice.
At National Harbor, Dr. Woodhouse offers a comprehensive cardiovascular outpatient program utilizing existing healthcare technologies and introducing innovations to facilitate the care of her patients. Her model has all of the essential diagnostic services needed for cardiovascular care under one roof in order to allow access to essential heart and vascular diagnostic testing such as nuclear imaging, echocardiographic and vascular ultrasound, as well as arrhythmia monitoring.
We treat the full range of cardiovascular conditions and areas of clinical focus including but not limited to:
- Atherosclerotic and vascular disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary artery and peripheral CTA
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Multimodality cardiovascular imaging
- Nuclear cardiology and MUGA
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Preventative cardiovascular medicine and risk assessment
- Transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography
- Vascular imaging
In addition, Dr. Woodhouse has a particular interest in women's heart disease, cardio-oncology and cardio-obstetrics.