Call for appointment:301-618-2273 301-618-2273
Heart disease is a major threat to the health of our community. Heart conditions can range from hypertension and arrhythmia to congestive heart disease and heart attacks. As a member of the University of Maryland Capital Region Health Heart & Vascular Institute, UM Capital Region Health Medical Group - Cardiology diagnoses and treats even the most complex heart disease and cardiac conditions.
We provide non-invasive treatment and preventive testing to keep your heart healthy and strong. Our physicians are cardiovascular disease specialists who works directly with interventional cardiologists, CT surgical team, and electrophysiologist to offer full service cardiovascular care to adult and older adolescent patients.
We offer a comprehensive cardiovascular outpatient program that incorporates the use of new technologies and testing equipment. Our model has the essential outpatient diagnostic services needed for cardiovascular care under one roof. This allows patients easy access to heart and vascular diagnostic testing such as nuclear imaging, echocardiographic and vascular ultrasound, as well as arrhythmia monitoring, without having to travel to different offices.
We treat the full range of cardiovascular conditions including but not limited to:
- Coronary disease
- Heart failure
- Bradycardia and tachycardia
- Lipid Disorder
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Atherosclerotic and vascular disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary artery and peripheral vascular disease
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Most patients are referred to us by their primary care physician or other medical professional who knows we offer a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic services:
- Cardiology Evaluation
- Pre-op Evaluation
- DOT Cardiac evaluation
- Exercise Treadmill Test
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Stress Echocardiogram
- Carotid Ultrasound
- Renal Ultrasound
- Aortic Ultrasound
- Lower extremity arterial Doppler
- Pacemaker interrogation and management
- Holter, event or continuous telemetry monitoring including pacemaker monitoring
- Calcium Scoring
In addition, our specialists have a special interest and extensive experience in a number of sub-specialties, including
- Cardio-oncology – managing the unique cardiac conditions that may result from different cancer diagnoses and treatments
- Cardio-OB – working with maternal fetal medicine specialists and other obstetricians to manage patients with cardiac complications due to pregnancy or that could impact pregnancy
- The Athlete's Heart – working with high-performing athletes to ensure their heart can withstand their exercise regimens
- Women with heart disease – helping women understand and manage their cardiac conditions, including being aware of the unique ways women experience heart disease
We work with Interventional Cardiologists and the specialists at the UM Capital Region Health Heart & Vascular Institute to order and track more invasive diagnostic and therapeutic services such as pacemaker implantation, implantable cardiac defibrillators, cardiac catheterization, coronary angiography, electrophysiology testing, transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) and percutaneous coronary intervention.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 301-618-2273.