For women, urinary issues can be anything from leaking urine when you laugh or exercise (called stress urinary incontinence), having to urinate frequently (called overactive bladder) or feeling the need to urinate but either not making it to the bathroom in time or getting to the bathroom and not really having to go (called Urge incontinence).
Sadly, over 40% of women over the age of 65 experience some form of urinary incontinence. And even more shocking is that the average woman waits 7 years to seek help! Our experts strive to help women improve bladder control, eliminate leakage and enjoy a more normal lifestyle.
We diagnose and treat all urinary conditions including:
- Urinary incontinence – involuntary leaking of urine
- Stress incontinence
- Urge incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Inability to fully empty the bladder
- Urethral diverticulum
- Interstitial cystitis (IC)/bladder pain syndrome (BPS)/) and painful bladder syndrome (PBS)
If you are experiencing any of these issues, don't wait to seek care. Help is available.
There are many options available to treat female urinary incontinence. These vary from biofeedback with physical therapy, nerve stimulation treatments and surgical intervention. Options range depending on the severity of the urinary incontinence and the patient's goals.
- Pessary fitting (bladder support device)
- Periurethral bulking injections
- Urethral sling surgery
- Posterior tibial nerve stimulation (PTNS)
- Intravesical Botox
- Sacral Nerve Neuromodulation
- Physical Therapy (bladder training, Kegel exercises, etc.)
- Lifestyle modification including weight management and fluid intake
We work with each patient to develop an individualized treatment plan to help the patient reach their goals for their quality of life.