Psychiatric Outpatient Care
Call for more information:301-725-4300 301-725-4300
If you need extra support after inpatient treatment or you require outpatient care, our Partial Hospitalization Programs are designed to improve your overall quality of life and expand on the life skills and other training sessions learned in the inpatient setting.
Our Partial Hospitalization and Outpatient Programs are offered in an alternative, structured treatment setting and are available to help you be successful on your own. They provide:
- Expressive and occupational therapies
- Individual, group, and family therapy
The program offers the structure of a psychiatric program while allowing you to go home in the evening to remain connected with your family, friends and other support systems. Services are generally provided from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., five days a week.
- Case managers work with individuals, family members, community support agencies, and psychiatrists to individualize care after discharge.
- Close supervision by staff psychiatrists is provided.
- Flexibility is built into the program so individuals can attend specific groups, and “step down” to intensive outpatient services. A variety of options for frequency and duration of treatment are available based on the individual needs of the patient.
- Groups are designed to provide individuals with the resources required to return to their community, family, work, and education.
- Most commercial insurance plans, and Medicaid and Medicare, provide financial coverage for services.
Partial hospitalization and outpatient care can shorten a hospital stay or provide the intervention necessary to avoid hospitalization.
We use the mental health recovery model, which is a treatment concept that gives the patient primary control over decisions related to their care. By empowering patients and their families, patients see better outcomes in the long run.