How to Make Face Masks
The COVID-19 DIY Masks initiative is a way for our communities to assist during these unprecedented times. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently issued guidance approving the use of cloth masks in certain settings.
Follow the steps below to make and deliver masks.
- These masks can be worn by employees not providing care and by patients and visitors.
- Unlike the N95 masks, these are not designed to prevent COVID-19 entirely; however, if constructed properly they will prevent some transmission.
- There are two variations of the mask – folded and fitted – and both are options when creating these masks.
- Sewing experience, not expertise, is required to fabricate these correctly.
Step By Step Instructions
- JOANN Fabrics has great instructional videos and guides for making masks at home.
- Once completed, you can put the masks in a sealed bin or bag and contact our Foundation at email@example.com or 240-456-2934 to coordinate drop-off time and day.
- Infection Prevention teams will inspect the masks and determine which masks meet the appropriate standards for distribution. If a mask does not meet the appropriate standards, the mask will be removed from the supply.
- Infection Prevention works with on-site Supply Chain representatives to deploy masks locally as needed to non-patient facing employees and visitors.
Delivering the Masks
To deliver a mask donation, please complete the form below so that a member of our Foundation team can contact you to coordinate a drop-off time and answer any questions you may have. For direct inquiries, please call 240-456-2934 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.