First Baptist Church of Glenarden Vaccine Location
The COVID vaccination site is managed jointly by University of Maryland Capital Region Health and the First Baptist Church of Glenarden (FBCG).
Residents of Prince George's County who are currently eligible to receive the vaccine under the State of Maryland's phased vaccine distribution plan may request an appointment using the form below. The COVID-19 vaccine is free, whether you have insurance or not.
- Vaccination is by appointment only, we cannot accept walk-ins.
- The number of available appointments is determined by the supply of vaccine, which is limited at this time.
Steps for Getting the Vaccine
#1 - Determine if you are currently eligible for the vaccination.
According to the state's phased distribution plan, all Marylanders 16 and older are eligible to receive the vaccine. Anyone age 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to be vaccinated. The parent or guardian will sign the consent form.
#2 - If eligible, register for your vaccine appointment online.
If you are eligible to be vaccinated at this time, you may fill out this form to request a vaccination appointment. (Note: This form may not compatible with your version of Internet Explorer or Edge.)
Once an appointment is available, you will be contacted. Please note the link you will receive to schedule may be from the domain "tav7.com." It is a legitimate link from UMMS.
Completing this form does not create an appointment. Even if you qualify to get the vaccine now, you will have to wait to make your appointment.
Click on the button below to fill out the pre-registration form to request a vaccination appointment.
#3 - When contacted, schedule your appointment.
When you receive a link to schedule your vaccine, please note that appointment times and dates will vary.
When choosing the date for your vaccination, please keep in mind that you cannot be vaccinated:
- Until 14 days after receiving a different vaccination (not COVID-related)
- Until 10 days after receiving a COVID-19 diagnosis
- If you have an active COVID-19 infection at the time of your appointment
- Until 90 days after receiving a monoclonal or polyclonal antibody infusion or convalescent plasma
Please review this important patient information before your appointment for details about what to do before getting your shot, and what to expect when you arrive at your appointment at First Baptist Church of Glenarden.
Withdrawing Your Registration
Note: If you receive the UMMS email to schedule your appointment, but have already received your vaccination elsewhere, please take a moment to let us know. Click on the "Withdraw my Registration" link in the email, select your reason for canceling and press "Submit."
#4 - Go to your appointment.
Please keep in mind:
- Identification or proof of appointment (printed or electronic) will be required at your appointment.
- Please don't arrive more than 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Come to your first appointment prepared to schedule the appointment for your second dose, if required, before leaving the vaccination location.
Rescheduling, Canceling or Reporting a Problem
- If you need to reschedule your appointment, or if you have issues scheduling your appointment, please find your confirmation email and click on the "Report Problem" link. Then, add your desired rescheduling date or indicate "no preference" and click "Submit."
- At this time, we are unable to cancel appointments. If you have already been vaccinated or cannot make it to your appointment, you do not need to call or email to cancel.
The vaccination clinic takes place Monday through Friday. You must have an appointment and come at your scheduled time.
Getting to Your Vaccination Appointment
The First Baptist Church in Glenarden is located in Prince George's County at:
600-J Watkins Park Drive, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
Get directions in Google Maps
Parking & Entrance
Parking is free and will be available at the Family Life Center. Please enter through Gate 4 off Watkins Park Drive. Handicap parking will be available. Parking attendants will be onsite to provide additional navigation guidance.
FBCG's Family Life Center is accessible by Metrobus Service.
At Your Appointment
Plan to be at the vaccination site for at least 1 hour, not including travel time and time to park. Please don't arrive more than 15 minutes before your appointment. Vaccines are by appointment only to minimize wait times.
- You will not be able to choose the vaccine that you get. For your first shot, you will get the vaccine that is available at that time.
- Come prepared to make your second dose appointment before you leave, if the vaccine requires two doses. It will be 3 or 4 weeks in the future, depending on which vaccine you get. Your second shot will be the same vaccine as your first.
- If you have a walker or need a wheelchair, there are staff members available to assist. You may also bring a family member or friend, but we cannot vaccinate anyone who does not have an appointment.
- Restrooms are available onsite.