External Patient Care Technician Novice Program
University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center (UM BWMC) is proud to offer a Patient Care Technician (PCT) program that allows external candidates (non-employees) to receive funding while they train to become a PCT for UM BWMC.
Through our partnership with the Department of Nursing of Anne Arundel Community College (AACC), aspiring PCTs without previous educational or work experience have the opportunity to complete a semester of classes to prepare to work in healthcare as a Patient Care Technician.
Upon your acceptance to AACC, you are invited to seek funding from UM BWMC to help you pay for tuition, books and fees during your semester, in exchange for signing an agreement to work as a PCT for UM BWMC after graduation.
How to Get Started:
- Apply for the PCT program at Anne Arundel Community College. To learn more about the program and its requirements, visit catalog.aacc.edu and look for “Patient Care Technician/Geriatric Nursing Assistant (certificate).” To apply, visit www.aacc.edu/apply-and-register.
- Upon your acceptance to AACC, attend their mandatory orientation and retain your acceptance letter or proof of enrollment.
- Complete UM BWMC’s External Patient Care Technician Novice Program Application - click here to download the application. Along with the application, you will need to provide your acceptance letter or proof of enrollment from AACC, a letter of recommendation from a supervisor, and a brief narrative.
- Submit your completed application with attachments to UM BWMC’s Human Resources Department. You can do this in person Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or by fax at 410-595-1995. You may also mail your application to: UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center, Attn: Human Resources, 301 Hospital Drive, Glen Burnie, MD 21061.
- Our Human Resources Department will contact you to schedule a time to meet in person, review the funding information and sign an agreement.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please call our Human Resources Department at 410-787-4946.