Call for appointment:410-553-8300 410-553-8300
Diagnosing Vascular Problems
Diagnosis can be made from a single non-invasive vascular ultrasound test or from a combination of tests.
Diagnostic testing may include:
- Computed tomographic scanning (CT scan)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI/MRA)
- Noninvasive testing in the vascular laboratory
- Serologic testing (Blood tests)
A select team of specialists, including vascular surgeons and interventional radiologists, provide an accurate, multidisciplinary approach based on the severity of the vascular disease.
Our treatment plans include:
- Anticoagulant Therapy (blood thinners)
- Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA)
- Dialysis access
- Endovascular Grafting Technology
- Fenestrated endovascular aortic aneurysm repair for aneurysmal disease
- Percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy and catheter directed thrombolytic therapy for acute limb ischemia, deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
- Trans-carotid arterial revascularization (TCAR) for cerebrovascular disease
Additional treatments may include lifestyle changes, medicines, balloon angioplasties and stenting or surgical procedures.
For more information on diagnosis and treatment or to make an appointment with the Vascular Center at UM BWMC, call 410-553-8300.