Call for appointment:410-553-8150 410-553-8150
Thoracic surgeons specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of chest cancers and related conditions, including esophageal cancer, lung cancer, tracheal and bronchial tumors, chest wall tumors, pulmonary nodules and mesothelioma.
UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center thoracic surgeons work with many other specialists, such as interventional radiologists, medical and radiation oncologists, pulmonary specialists and pathologists, to manage primary and secondary thoracic malignancies. Our team is trained in a wide range of procedures and technologies to treat thoracic cancers.
- Chest wall reconstruction
- Complex chemotherapy of conditions of the lungs, chest wall and diaphragm
- Complex esophageal resection and esophagectomies
- Laparoscopic procedures
- Lung-sparing resections
- Radiation therapy
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Stereotactic body radiosurgery
- Diagnostic Computed Tomography (CT) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS)
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scan
- Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic (VATS) lobectomy