Our neurosurgeons treat patients who have diseases or disorders of the brain and spine, those who suffer from severe back or neck pain and traumatic brain and spine injuries.
Neurosurgery is for people who have:
- Degenerative spine conditions such as stenosis, herniated discs and walking problems
- Spinal deformities such as spina bifida and myelomeningocele neck
- Traumatic injury to the brain, neck or spine
- Benign or cancerous tumors affecting the brain, spine and pituitary gland
- Blood clots in or on the brain from trauma or strokes
- Peripheral nerve entrapment such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Hydrocephalus, or excess fluid on the brain
- Pain and weakness in the neck and back
UM BWMC neurosurgeons have completed advanced surgical training to treat patients who have a wide variety of brain, neck and spine conditions. They use innovative techniques and technology to perform both routine and highly complex procedures. They consider all beneficial treatment options, including pain management therapy, physical therapy and surgical treatment, and create a plan of care customized to each patient.
You may not know what a neurosurgeon does until you need one. But if you are looking for the latest techniques to find freedom from painful neck and back symptoms or relief from neurological disorders, our team is the right choice.
For More Information
- Learn more about the conditions and disorders treated by our neurosurgeons.
- Read about the neurosurgical procedures performed at UM BWMC.
- Find out what to expect as a patient of the Spine and Neuroscience Center.