Cardiac rehabilitation is a professionally supervised program designed to optimize cardiovascular risk reduction, foster long-term healthy behaviors, reduce disability and promote an active lifestyle for patients with cardiovascular disease. Cardiac rehab is appropriate for people recovering from heart attack, coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG), valve repair/replacement, heart transplant, percutaneous coronary intervention procedures (such as cardiac stenting and angioplasty), and congestive heart failure.
The UM BWMC Cardiac Rehab program provides:
- Baseline patient assessment
- Exercise training
- Physical activity counseling
- Risk factor management of lipids, blood pressure, weight, diabetes mellitus and referrals, and smoking
- Nutritional counseling and referrals
- Psychosocial interventions and referrals
The Cardiac Rehabilitation program at UM BWMC has been in existence for over 30 years and is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (ACCVPR).
To contact Cardiac Rehab and make an appointment, call 410-553-2932.