Forensic Nurse Examiner
UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center is one of Maryland’s designated Forensic Nurse Examiner facilities.
We have specially trained Forensic Nurse Examiners (FNEs) who provide compassionate and comprehensive care to victims of sexual assault or abuse any age or gender.
We provide confidential services in a safe, non-judgmental environment at no cost to the victim.
Utilizing a trauma informed approach we are able to re-empower our patients enabling them to begin their healing process both mentally and physically.
UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center is committed to providing the best care possible to victims of sexual assault and abuse in our community. We want people to know they have a place where they can receive compassionate and expert care that allows for forensic evidence collection as well as treatment of the physical and mental injuries. If you, or someone you know, is the victim of sexual assault or abuse please reach out for emotional support and medical care.
Services Provided by Forensic Nurse Examiners:
- Forensic Medical Examination – A forensic medical exam is a specialized exam performed by an FNE to assess and treat patients with the complaint of sexual assault or abuse.
- Forensic Evidence Collection – Forensic evidence collection includes photography of injuries, swab collection for possible DNA evidence or trace evidence.
- Specialized Documentation of Injury – This includes forensic photography, use of body maps, and detailed description of injuries.
- Extensive Patient Education – Information provided before, during and after the forensic care is provided. This education is tailored to meet the patient’s needs throughout the entire process.
- Referrals and Follow-up Care – Resources for counseling and medical care follow-up are provided. To ensure our patient’s safety and welfare we work collaboratively with the Anne Arundel County Child Advocacy Center and YWCA Rape Crisis Center.
- Court Testimony – Our FNEs can provide expert witness testimony in court when necessary.
Jody Oslund, RN, BSN, CEN, FNE-A/P, Forensic Nurse Examiner Program
UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center, 301 Hospital Drive, Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Phone: 410-787-4328 | Email: Jody.firstname.lastname@example.org