Opioid Overdose Response Training Class
The University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center is offering free naloxone trainings and a free Narcan kit, the FDA-approved emergency nasal spray treatment, to community members who are 16 years old and older.
During the training participants will learn:
- Signs and symptoms of an opiate overdose
- How to administer Narcan nasal Spray
- Overdose prevention tips
- Local resources on treatment and recovery services, family support and Good Samaritan Laws
Class Times and Location
Registration is required as class size is limited. Classes are held at BW Health Services located at 7556 Teague Road, Suite 440, Hanover, MD 21076 on the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, August 13 at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 21 at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, August 31 at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 10 at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 18 at 6 p.m.
- Saturday. September 28 at 10 a.m.
Upon completion of the training, each participant will receive a Narcan kit containing two doses of nasal spray, a pocket face shield, gloves and a resource guide for assistance with substance abuse treatment.