The hospitals and health systems that comprise UMMS are:
This page was last updated on:
- University of Maryland Medical Center - One of the nation's oldest teaching hospitals, this 800-bed facility -- located in downtown Baltimore -- is home to the University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Cancer Center, the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, the University of Maryland Children's Hospital and the University of Maryland Division of Transplantation.
- Baltimore Washington Medical Center - This 307-bed community hospital, located between Baltimore and Annapolis in Anne Arundel County, offers a wide variety of services and was recently named a "Top 100" hospital for intensive care outcomes by Thomson Reuters.
- Chester River Health System
- Located in Chestertown, Chester River Health System is comprised of Chester
River Hospital Center, an acute care community hospital; Chester River
Manor, a nursing and rehabilitation facility; and Chester River Home
Care & Hospice. Together these three health care providers offer a continuum
of care to meet the needs of approximately 45,000 residents of rural Kent
and northern Queen Anne's counties.
- Civista Health System - Located in La Plata, Maryland, Civista Health System is comprised of Civista Medical Center, a 110-bed acute care community hospital, an Ambulatory Surgery Center and OB/GYN Centers in Waldorf and La Plata. Together these health care providers serve Charles County and the surrounding areas of southern Maryland.
- Kernan Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
- This 161-bed facility, located in Woodlawn, is the state's largest rehabilitation and orthopaedic hospital serving both adults and children. It also houses the University of Maryland Complementary Medicine Program.
- Maryland General Hospital - This 235-bed teaching hospital offers a full spectrum of health care for more than
110,000 people annually. Maryland General has been providing superior and accessible community health care in West Baltimore and Midtown for more than a century.
- Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital - This 102-bed pediatric and rehabilitation hospital, located in northwest Baltimore, provides specialty medical care to infants and children with complex medical needs.
- Shore Health System - Formed in 1996 with the affiliation of Dorchester General Hospital in Cambridge and the Memorial Hospital at Easton, Shore Health System serves Maryland's Eastern Shore communities with a total of 178 acute care beds in the two hospitals -- which includes the 20-bed Requard Center for Acute Rehabilitation at Memorial Hospital -- and a complete range of community-based outpatient diagnostic and treatment facilities.
- University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center - This 263-bed nonprofit, regional medical center, located in Towson, Md., became a part of the University of Maryland Medical System on December 1, 2012. It features institutes for heart, cancer and orthopaedic care, and offers a full range of clinical diagnostic and treatment services.
- In July 2009, UMMS announced a strategic affiliation with Upper Chesapeake Health System that is expected to lead to a full merger. Upper Chesapeake Health includes Upper Chesapeake Medical Center in Bel Air and Harford Memorial Hospital in Havre de Grace. The leading health care system and largest private employer in Harford County, Upper Chesapeake Health offers a broad range of healthcare services, technology, and facilities to the residents of northeastern Maryland.
December 3, 2012.